2023 Holiday Luncheon: Plan Your Day!
Join us on Monday, December 4, 2023 at Morgan Run Resort and Club for our annual Holiday Luncheon. (Note – Morgan Run recently changed it’s name ! You may see new signage identifying the venue as “La Valle Coastal Club” but be assured, you are in the right place!)
This event is entirely sold out! The Banquet room doors open at 10:30 a.m., but you’re welcome to arrive by 10 a.m. to secure parking, drop off Fashion Show entries, purchase Opportunity Drawing tickets, and cruise the gift display to distribute your tickets among the gifts you’re interested in winning.
(Please read a note from your Board about pricing).
Advance registration is closed – you must have registered in advance for this ticked event. Registration is not available at the door.
- Open seating – November 22
- Reserved tables – Extended through the November 7 meeting
Show off your lovely creations in our ever-popular Fashion Show! The updated Registration Form is available here. If you’ve never participated in the Fashion Show, check out this article for hints to make it a fun experience. All types of finished objects are welcome (last year we had fabulous knitted window draperies!).
Feel free to arrive before the luncheon room doors open at 10:30 to allow time for parking (Morgan Run invites us to park in all lots, including those marked Members Only.) You’ll also want time to check in at Registration (open seating) or find your Table Captain (reserved tables), check out the 2024 Programs display, socialize, admire the holiday decorations, and buy your Opportunity Drawing tickets and select your desired Opportunity items!
We have a great array of gifts to be given as door prizes, centerpiece elements, and Opportunity Drawing groups:
- Everyone attending will receive a beautiful skein of Expression Fiber Arts yarn!
- Your event program includes a ticket to our series of door prize drawings, where you could win a table centerpiece or other lovely gifts. Look for a box near registration, in the lobby, to deposit your numbered door prize ticket.
- And you’re encouraged to contribute to the Guild by purchasing Opportunity Drawing tickets ($1/each or 25 for $20). The Guild just breaks even on the Luncheon itself, so our only fundraising is through Opportunity Drawing ticket sales. The more you buy, the better your chances of winning!
- After purchasing Opportunity Drawing tickets, be sure to browse the gift selection and place your tickets for the ones you’d like to win. Opportunity Drawing gifts are displayed in a separate room, past the lobby – follow the signs or ask any ticket seller to point the way.
Check out the current 2023 Sponsors List for a hint of what’s in store. Please be sure to support our vendor sponsors and let them know you appreciate their generous donations to the San Diego North Coast Knitters Guild. We also have lovely gifts, finished garments, and other items donated by our supportive Guild members.
We’ll see you there!
— The 2023 Holiday Luncheon Team