President Tania Marshall called the meeting to order at 1:03 PM.
Tania announced that due to Covid and Temple Solel restrictions our meetings will be held on Zoom through June. She held a Zoom poll with the question, “If we were to resume in person meetings after June, would you attend?” Two third of respondents answered Yes, one third answered No.
Program Co-Chair Nancy Lerer introduced our guest speaker Melissa Leapman. Melissa’s program was on Faux Brioche.
After Melissa’s program President Tania Marshall began the business meeting. Tania made the following announcements:
• We have a new Instagram account – sandiegoknitters.
• We are looking for a newsletter editor to assist Kerry Nare our Webmaster.
• We will be changing guild officers at the end of 2022. It is not too soon to consider serving as a board member or becoming a member of the nominating committee.
Program News: Nancy Lerer made the following announcements:
• Our next meeting will be on March 1 with a presentation by a local company who dyes yarns from Uruguay – Laneras Yarn Company.
• Thank you to Pam Knight for making the project bags for our anniversary program, and many apologies for not acknowledging her contribution earlier.
• Sign up for Melissa Leapman’s workshops on Wednesday, Feb. 2. A few spaces are still available. Cost is $30.
Membership: Nancy Nevin urged members to get their renewals to her by February 28. The new directory will be mailed in April.
Stash Sale: Barbara Wright announced that our Stash Sale will be held in June. It is not too soon to start collecting unwanted yarns, bags, knitting books. There will be two pick-up locations of Stash Sale materials. Check Guild newsletter for more specifics.
Philanthropy: Debby Vacek will be collecting donations and giving out yarn for philanthropy projects outside the Solana Beach Library on February 15 at the lower parking lot of the Solana Beach Library. Check Guild newsletter for specifics.
—Mary Barranger, Guild Secretary