Leslie Anne Robinson – Workshop 4
Thursday, April 6 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Deco Mug Mat
In this class, we will be knitting the Deco Mug Mat pattern together, which is a fabulous way to introduce yourself to more intricate brioche increases and decreases. We will go over choosing the right yarns, the specific cast on used in the pattern, and how to incorporate different stitch patterns with brioche knitting.
Type of Class: Project Oriented
Prerequisites: Knowledge of knitting and purling, basic brioche stitches
Class Skill Level: Intermediate. Previous brioche knowledge required.
Materials and Supplies to bring for the Class:
– Deco Mug Pattern (can be purchased on Ravelry for $3 here)
– Main color (MC): 37yds / 29.2m light Worsted or DK weight Contrast color (CC): 35yds / 27.4m light Worsted or DK weight
– 20” long US 7 / 4.5mm circular needle (interchangeables are fine)
– notions: tapestry needle for weaving ends, row counter
– pencil/pen and paper for taking notes, standard knitting tool kit (scissors, stitch markers, etc.)
Cost: $30 for members ($65 for non-members which includes 2023 Guild Membership)
Material Fee: $0 if students purchase pattern separately in advance, $6 if students need to purchase printed pattern.
Class size: 20
How to Register: Register in person at the February 7th meeting. Payment is by check made payable to SDNCKG, or by Square (a small service fee will be added.)
Cancellation policy: Please notify us as early as possible if you need to cancel your workshop registration. Refund of the workshop fee requires a cancellation notification at least 48 hours in advance of the workshop. Fees cannot be refunded for cancellations with less than 48 hours advance notice.
Location: Encinitas Community Center, Activity Room 118/Maple
Learn more about the April 2023 Guild Meeting and Lesley Anne Robinson’s Visit here.