Your Guild Needs Volunteers!
There are many opportunities to support various Guild activities. Whether you have a single afternoon to spare or can help on a regular basis, you’re sure to find something in the list below that suits your interests and abilities.
In most cases, multiple volunteers can rotate to fill these needs (that is, you don’t have to commit to working at every in-person meeting, etc.). Please contact the appropriate Chairperson with questions or to volunteer.
Philanthropy (Colleen Lukoff)
At in-person meetings, Philanthropy needs one volunteer to staff the Philanthropy Table. This involves accepting donated items and providing handouts to members who want to get involved.
Outside of meetings, you can help with:
- Picking up and/or dropping off items to local groups
- Researching or contacting groups to confirm their current desired items
Programs (Willa Cather/Theresa Kotanchek)
At in-person meetings, Programs needs 2-3 people to staff the Programs table. This involves:
- Arriving early to the meeting
- Answering questions about upcoming programs
- Accepting program registrations and payments
Also at in-person meetings, a Program Scribe is needed to:
- Take notes on key program highlights
- Provide input to our webmaster for next newsletter publication
Stash Sale (Jeanie Milliken)
At March and April in-person meetings, Stash Sale needs help collecting yarn from Guild members and getting it to Jeanie’s vehicle.
Between now and the June Stash Sale, volunteers are needed to help sort, bag, and price these donations. Jeanie will arrange periodic work parties at her home in Pacific Beach where multiple volunteers will work together on this important Guild fundraising project.
On Tuesday, June 6th, the Stash Sale will be held at the Encinitas Community Center. Volunteers are needed for each of these tasks:
- Arrive early to help with set-up
- Circulate throughout the event to keep tables stocked and assist shoppers (you will have time to do your own shopping as well!)
- Tabulate purchases prior to checkout
- Collect payments
- Stay afterward to help with tear-down
Holiday Luncheon (Sydnie Wauson)
The December Holiday Luncheon needs a Ticket Sales Coordinator to:
- Arrive early
- Receive cash bank from Treasurer
- Distribute cash and ticket selling materials to roving ticket sellers
- Restock sellers with cash and tickets as necessary during sales period
- Return cash to Treasurer at close of sales
It “takes a village” to keep our Guild activities humming along! Please consider pitching in – and check this space for new opportunities throughout the year.
— Sydnie Wauson, Vice President