San Diego North Coast Knitters Guild
Minutes of the General Meeting
Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Meeting held on Zoom
President Tania Marshall called the meeting to order at 1:02 PM.
Tania announced that our upcoming meetings in April and May will be on Zoom. The venue for our Stash Sale in June is yet to be determined as well as our Christmas in July meeting.
Program Co-Chair Nancy Lerer introduced our guest speakers Nikki and Jay Waters of Laneras. Their program was titled Thoughtfully Crafted Yarns.
After the Laneras program, the business meeting resumed.
President’s Report: Tania Marshall
- Check the guild website regularly for specifics on programs, events, and workshops. Feel free to make suggestions for the site’s improvement.
- Submit pictures and information to the website for Show and Share.
- Consider being a coordinator for the upcoming San Diego County Fair.
Program News: Nancy Lerer
- Our next meeting will be on April 5 with a presentation by Karalyn Rainey entitled Fun with Machine Knitting.
Membership: Margee Farr
- The deadline for 2022 memberships has passed. However, members might be able to be included in the 2022 membership booklet if they contact Nancy Nevin immediately and send her their $25 membership check. The membership booklets are scheduled to be mailed by April 5th.
Stash Sale: Barbara Wright
- Our next Stash Sale will be held on June 7, location TBD. Members are encouraged to donate yarns, books, knitting supplies. Barbara and her committee will take donations on Thursday mornings at two locations: Fashion Valley and Spring Canyon Park. Members should contact Barbara to confirm. Other pickup arrangements can be made by contacting Barbara directly.
Library: Donna Mulcahy
- Donna has set up five book cabinets in her garage to house the Guild’s library. She looks forward to making these books available to guild members once we begin to meet in person again. Members are encouraged to return any books that had previously been borrowed from the Guild Library.
President Tania Marshall adjourned the meeting at 2:06 PM.
Submitted by Mary Barranger, Secretary
February 2, 2022