The Stash Sale was a a great success! We all found something special at a super reasonable prices and the Guild raised funds to support the amazing programs and events we all enjoy! Lots and lots of yarn was sold and there were still lots after the sale. All the leftover yarn went to “good homes,” — non-profit organizations that teach knitting, that introduce people to fiber fun, and that restore a feeling of productivity by helping people create things.
In addition to Guild efforts like Philanthropy, your leftover yarn donations were donated to the following causes:
- Emilio Nares Foundation at Rady Children’s Hospital for learn to knit and crochet programs customized for young patients and their parents;
- Norman Senior Center in Chula Vista for knitting and crocheting activities;
- YMCA (Jackie Robinson branch) for learn to knit and crochet programs;
- Fun Fair for Military Families for weaving and knitting activities;
- Braille Institute for knitting classes taught by former Guild member Margret Merlock.
Thanks to Bobbie Brunson and the huge team of volunteers for their amazing work to prepare the Stash Sale and clean up afterwards.