Assia Brill Workshop: Distitch Class
Distitch (DS) is an innovative knitting principle. In this workshop, you will be introduced to the following:
Working basic knit DS and purl DS*
Converting any conventional stitches to Distitch*
Working basic Distitch selvedges,
Working basic Distitch crochet chain.
* – published only in Assia’s book Distitch. The necessary class handout will be provided prior to the Zoom meeting.
Class Length: 2 hours
Meeting Format: Zoom
Type of Class: Lecture, skill building hands-on learning
Class Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Technical Requirements: knit/purl stitch, cast-on, chain crochet
Homework: For sample cast on 12 sts, work 6 rows in garter stitch:
Set-up Row 1 (RS): knit
Row 2 (WS): purl.
Repeat rows 1&2 three times (8 rows of stocking stitch in total).
Materials and Supplies Needed for Class:
Three balls any yarn, DK or worsted weight, preferably non-splitty and in light colors.
Three sets of needles (DPNs or circular):
1) to match the yarn (NR=1), NR is the Needle Ratio;
2) slightly thicker needles (NR=1.25);
3) thick needles (NR=1.5).
For example: if your basic needles are size 3.0 mm, then two others will be 3.75 mm and 4.5 mm.
Two crochet hooks:
1) to match the yarn;
2) the thick hook.
For example: if your basic hook is size 3.0 mm, then the second will be 4.5 mm.
Cost: $30 for members ($65 for non-members which includes 2023 Guild Membership)
How to Register:
1) Register in person at the back of the meeting room at the April 4th meeting, payment is due at the time of registration. Checks are to be made payable to San Diego North Coast Knitters Guild (payee name must be written out in full – our bank will not accept checks with abbreviations) or via Square credit card swipe (a small service fee will be added.)
2) Send an email to Willa Cather (email in your Guild Directory.) Be sure to include your name, the name of the workshop, your email address and a telephone number. Payment is by check made payable to San Diego North Coast Knitters Guild (payee name must be written out in full – our bank will not accept checks with abbreviations.) Checks should be mailed to Willa Cather (address in your Guild Directory.) Your registration is guaranteed upon confirmation of receipt of your payment.
Cancellation policy: Please notify us as early as possible if you need to cancel your workshop registration. Refund of the workshop fee requires a cancellation notification at least 48 hours in advance of the workshop. Fees cannot be refunded for cancellations with less than 48 hours advance notice.
This is a virtual workshop. You will be sent a Zoom link shortly before the workshop as well as the class handout. The Zoom link is specific to each participant and should not be shared. New to Zoom? Read Karen des Jardins’ Zoom tips here.
Learn more about the May 2023 Guild Meeting and Assis Brill’s visit here.