Top Ten Reasons to Love Your Guild Library
- Learn a new technique: cables, brioche, twisted stitches
- Make gifts! New babies, birthdays, Christmas, weddings, etc.
- Decorate your home: blankets, pillows
- Improve your current skills: cast-on/bind-off methods, Continental vs. English knitting, alternate ribbing methods
- Get a history lesson: some books are really old, and it’s fun to see how knitting has changed
- Decide when to create gauge swatches
- Get to know designers
- Learn fitting techniques
- Patterns are always free!
Books are easy to borrow: just send an email to Librarian@SanDiegoKnitters.com, and pick up the book at the next meeting. Mary Lovett and I have made incredible progress in cataloging the Guild’s books. There are now almost 550 books in the library!
— Donna Mulcahy, Librarian