2021 Holiday Luncheon – All Volunteer positions are Filled!
Thanks to our Guild members, we now have all the volunteers needed for the 2021 Holiday Luncheon!
Our team has gone through some changes in the two years since we all volunteered! And, as always, a successful Luncheon relies on many day-of-event workers as well.
Advance and day-of volunteers are welcome to sit at the “head table” or join their friends at other tables. All workers must register, meet COVID-19 protocols, and pay to attend the event the same as other attendees.
Can you help? We have filled some positions, but here’s what we still need . . . now and on Monday, Dec. 6.
Fashion Show Coordinator:
- Prior to event, receive by mail the registration forms for Fashion Show items. Receive and store one large storage tub of show materials. Notify members when forms are received and either accepted or placed on waiting list. Organize show items into sub-groups for the “walk” process and create/share printed lists of who walks when. Copy all registration forms to event emcee for commentary.
- Day of event, arrive at venue by 9:30 a.m. with storage tub of show materials. Lay out “lollipops” (numbered wands for models to carry) in Fashion Show dressing room, check in items as they arrive, and be available for model/member questions. As sub-groups are called by event emcee, check-in and organize models so that Fashion Show walk proceeds smoothly. You will be on your feet for day-of duties.
Time commitments outlined below include breaks for cruising the Opportunity Drawing room, etc.
Second-in-command: Arrive at venue by 10 a.m. to assist Fashion Show coordinator with day-of duties described above. You will be on your feet and moving around for these duties. “As needed” from 10 a.m. to end of Fashion Show.
- Emcee (1 or more): Working from show registration forms, announce and describe Fashion Show items as models walk. You should have a strong speaking voice and be comfortable using a microphone. These duties may be split up by Fashion Show groups if we have more than one person interested in participating. No special time of arrival requirements; you may remain seated or stand during the process.
- Ticket sellers (2): Arrive at venue by 10 a.m. Circulate through lobby, drawing and dining rooms selling tickets to attendees. Make change with cash provided. As needed, check in with ticket coordinator to hand off proceeds, restock ticket supply. You will be on your feet and moving around for these duties. These positions go off-duty at 11:30 a.m. (just prior to lunch service).
- Photographers (2 or more): Take candid and posed photos of event moments, Opportunity Drawing baskets. Transmit photos to Luncheon chair in a timely manner following the event. You will be on your feet and moving around. No special time of arrival requirements, but we do need coverage throughout the event. (See photos from the 2019 Holiday event here and here.)
As you can see, it takes a lot of behind-the-scenes work to make the Holiday Luncheon and Fashion Show run smoothly! Will you pitch in?
If interested and/or for more information, contact Sydnie Wauson (email and phone listed on registration forms).