Sub-groups: Opportunities to knit with guild members
Sub-groups are informal meetings of Guild members that provide us with more opportunities to knit our friendships together and knit together in groups. We knit and chat, we share projects in progress, we share yarn, we share our knitting dilemmas and we find solutions. There are no formal programs or organized teaching at sub-groups. Sub-groups meet monthly and weekly and twice a month, and they meet during the day and in the evening. We meet at coffee shops and community centers all over San Diego county.
Guild members interested in starting a new Guild sub-group in their neighborhood should contact the Guild President at President@SanDiegoKnitters.com for more information.
Day: First Wednesday
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, 4126 Executive Drive, San Diego, CA 92037 +Google Map
Contact: Linda Erlich at KnitAtNite@SanDiegoKnitters.com
Knit@Nite is an informal gathering of knitters at all skill levels. This Guild sub-group is the only evening get-together of the Guild. Knitters who are unable to attend the Guild’s general monthly meeting are especially welcome. You can confirm the Knit@Nite schedule here.
The JCC has security measures in place and you’ll need to get a visitor badge to attend Knit@Nite. There are two types of badges for non-JCC members: a one-time use Visitor Badge and a non-member Participant Badge. We recommend you get a non-member Participant Badge which can be used each time you visit the JCC. Keep the badge with your knitting and use the same Participant Badge every time you go to Knit@Nite.
The doors from the rear parking area are usually locked. They can be opened with your JCC Member Badge or non-member Participant Badge. If you don’t have a non-member Participant Badge, park in the front parking area for easier access. Regardless of where you park, you’ll need to obtain your Badge from the Guest Services desk in the JCC lobby.
AKG stands for Advanced Knitters Group. The name says it all!
Day: Second and fourth Wednesday
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Panera Bread, Carmel Mountain Plaza, 12156 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92128 +Google Map
Contact: Mimi Sevimli at I15Subgroup@SanDiegoKnitters.com
Knitting and snacks…is anything better?
Day: Every Monday
Time: 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Location: Panera Bread, Solana Beach Town Center Shopping Center, 667 San Rodolfo Drive, Solana Beach, CA 92075 +Google Map
Contact: Jean Moore at PASubgroup@SanDiegoKnitters.com
PA Group knits “Practically Anything”!
Upcoming Sub-group meetings
- Monday, February 18 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Friday, February 22 @ 9:00 am
- Monday, February 25 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 27 @ 9:00 am
- Friday, March 1 @ 9:00 am
- Monday, March 4 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Friday, March 8 @ 9:00 am
- Monday, March 11 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 13 @ 9:00 am
- Friday, March 15 @ 9:00 am
- Monday, March 18 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Friday, March 22 @ 9:00 am
- Monday, March 25 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 27 @ 9:00 am
- Friday, March 29 @ 9:00 am
- Wednesday, April 3 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 10 @ 9:00 am
- Wednesday, April 24 @ 9:00 am
- Wednesday, May 1 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm