Join Susan’s class for some seriously fun sheep knitting and toy-knitting tips. In class, students will work on knitting their own Sheep! toys in either a textured wrap stitch, a loopy stitch or some simple stranded color-work. As students work on their selected sheep style, loads of general toy-knitting tips and tricks will be taught as well. Tips and guidance on face embroidery, stuffing tricks, fiber choices, gauge information, a super-helpful kitchener stitch tip for memorizing, and ways to get your toys to look great and to stand the test of time, and more will all be shared. Students will leave class being more confident toy-knitters!
Finished Sheep! measurements: body length 4-inches, height 3.5-inches.
Skills Needed: Knit/purl; cast on/bind off; increase/decrease; working in the round; have knit a few accessories.
Homework Required: Homework will be distributed at time of paid registration.
Supplies to Bring to Workshop:
- 50 grams of sport weight yarn, preferably 100% wool, for a single color sheep.
- For the colorwork sheep bring three (3) colors of a sport weight yarn, preferably 100% wool, weighing in total about 50 grams.
- Important yarn note: 100% wool will work best for this toy. A sticky rustic wool or 100% wool will make the knitting much easier especially for the Loopy version. Slippery yarns do not work as well for any of the three Sheep! versions.
- US size 3 (3.25 mm) double-pointed needles, set of 4, or size to obtain gauge.
- Gauge: 6.5 sts per inch in stockinette stitch
- Detachable stitch markers
- Tape measure or ruler
- Yarn needle
- Black embroidery floss
- Scrap yarn
- Cable needle
One sandwich baggie of fiberfill will be provided at Workshop.
Cost: $30 for members ($65 for non-members which includes Guild membership through 2019)
How to Register: Sign up at a Guild meeting or send an email to Programs@SanDiegoKnitters.com. Be sure to include your name, the name of the workshop, your email address and a telephone number. Payment is requested at time of registration. Your registration is guaranteed upon confirmation of receipt of your payment. In order to receive a cancellation refund, please cancel prior to the beginning of the guest instructor’s Tuesday program.
Learn more about Susan B Anderson’s visit to the Guild in Knitters News