Ravelry – the best DataBase for any knitter taught by Karen Bochinski
Become paperless and store in the Cloud.
Karen will show step by step how to make Ravelry a program you will use to enhance your knitting skills. From there she will introduce you to Knit Companion and how these two programs get along. Knit companion is free along with Ravelry and will change your knitting life. Karen became a Ravelry member in 2008 and has taken advantage of this wonderful data base.
In this class you will learn to
- Set up your profile
- Why I love my notebook
- Find the patterns you love through a data base search
- Find the freebee patterns
- See the honest truth before selecting a pattern
- Learn about your notebook and never use paper again
- Forums are your best friend
- How to put your WIP in a notebook
- Learn about a Queue and its benefits
- Ohh how I love my paperless library
- Learn about favorites
- Learn now to store your Stash (yarn, needles, etc)
- Find friends who are like minded
- Sell stuff
- Buy stuff
- I love Forums and why I do
- Purchase all your pattern through Ravelry and why I believe in this. Never lose a pattern and download any time.
Homework and Equipment to bring: Establish a Ravelry account prior to class. Know your username and Password. Bring your computer or another electronic device such as a tablet that you can use to access the internet and work from; don’t forget your power cord. Smart phones are not recommended for this class due to small screen sizes.
Class time is from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Bring your own lunch. Karen will provide beverages.
Cost is $30.00 Fees are paid directly to the instructor at the time of registration. A signup table will be available at the May and June Guild meetings.
Class size is limited.
Reminder – participation is limited to Guild Members. Not a Guild Member? Check here for registration information.
Class location is Karen’s home in San Marcos.
For questions about the class please contact Karen Bochinski. Karen’s contact information can be found in the Guild’s Membership Directory.