Shades of Amber Cowl
Working on the actual pattern of Shades of Amber cowl is a fun way to get to know slip-stitch knitting. This cowl is worked in a very simple variation of Woven Waves stitch pattern combined with Dewdrop cast on and I-cord bind off. Choose your own colors that are vibrant enough to pop when put together.
We will talk about all what is needed for making this beautiful project, try all the techniques involved and see many swatches and samples from The Art of Slip-Stitch Knitting and more designed by Faina Goberstein. It is a very exciting class that opens a whole world of stitches that are easy to knit and at the same time to make a fashion statement. Pattern is not included with the class
Level of Experience: Advanced Beginner. You must know how to knit in the round.
Homework: Bring your thoughts about the ways you use a slipped stitch in your knitting already.
Materials: Here’s what you need to bring with you to the workshop:
- Purchase the pattern. It is available on Ravelry .
- Yarn for practicing: two balls of contrasting-color yarn and suitable size circular needles in 24” length.
- Yarn for project: two contrasting colors of worsted-weight yarn, one skein each; approximately 200 yds total.
- Needles: US 5 or US 6 circular 24” length depending on if you are a tight or loose knitter; pattern calls for US 5.
- One straight needle of the same size or bigger. It will be used for the cast-on only.
Materials fee: TBA
Cost: $30 (members) or $55 (non-members; this fee includes an annual Guild membership.)
How to Register: Sign up at the May Guild meeting or send an email to Programs@SanDiegoKnitters.com stating the workshop name, your name, email address and a telephone number. Payment is due prior to the start of June Guild meeting. Pay by cash or check. Checks can be mailed directly to our Treasurer.
Learn more about Faina’s visit to the Guild in Knitters News.